Sunday, October 22, 2006

enjoy the journey ....

have had another fun fun fun weekend. When we were away, Gary and I had time to talk (on our travels around NZ) and decided that this life isn't long and you have to be loving life and enjoying the journey. Since getting back I think we are both doing so much more of that. We made the plan of Saturdays being our "jobs, clean up around the house" sort of day. Try and get some things crossed off the list each week.

Then Sundays are our "family" day - but get out and live in this great world we are blessed with. Last weekend we were surfing at Kings Beach, this weekend we were windsurfing at Golden Beach. We used to be competitive windsurfers before kids, and both spent so so so much time windsurfing. It is such a blast to get out there again and blow the cobwebs out. I took some great photos today, i have posted a couple. I am loving my new camera, its awesome! I feel totally spent now, and am going to go to bed ... as seriously I am struggling to keep my eyes open. I feel so energised (not physically right now) but mentally for having such a fun day. It was really windy today, so those conditions challenge my ability to windsurf so much more, makes me want to do it again tho, so good to fuel the fire! We had a productive day yesterday, Gary cleaned out the garage ... man, we have some gear! There was stuff everywhere. I tackled the hall cupboard .... it was a major, and I am sorry to say that I have a bit of finishing off to do yet, but the bulk of it is done. We got two DVD's out to watch last night, and have lost the remote and can't operate it ....hmmm! Not good.

So I ended up doing a bit of tidying at my desk and throwing together this page, didn't take long, but the photo was just sitting there, and I do love it.

ok, seriously have to go to bed ... good night!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

More impressed everyday....windsurfer and fab scrapper...you are too much!!

Kathy O said...

Life really is brilliant! I love how much you get out of it. Love that photo tradition you have! Cute LO.

Kay said...

Great shot of Gaz! Glad you all had such a great time! Your outlook is GREAT! So is your scrapping & WINDSURFING!! Love U heaps, Mum XOXOXO