Friday, November 24, 2006

its feeling like christmas ....


you know I love fridays, such a fun day - and it has been again! I went to the shops after school this morning and found a few gorgeous things! I am loving the new part of our mall .... its great! Wheel and Barrow have such cute stuff, and I picked up this gorgeous wreath - I am going to use it as a centre-peice for the table ... its stunning. Will post a pic next time (too lazy to go upstairs now - slack) Gi and I had a fun time browsing and shopping - I don't do that very often at all, but I must confess that when I do I really enjoy it - I do have to add that it is VERY much a worry tho, as the budget got a hammering today - ops!


Then to add to my joy, after having sushi for lunch - I did some scrapbooking. Was totally working on my Christmas projects for the Craft Online DT. I am feeling much better now as I got a heap done and am pretty happy with how they are turning out. So I feel uplifted now!


I realise now I haven't blogged for a couple of days! I have more news to tell .... My sister in Hobart, surprised me with this gorgeous rose (which arrived yesterday by courier) Gary was a bit suspicious LOL! not really! She won this competition and nominated ME - I felt so lucky! Thanks SIS! It really is stunning!

I had a really embarressing moment yesterday! I felt VERY blond and just wanted to crawl into a hole and disappear. I was sewing Katya's dancing outfit a couple of weeks ago, and my machine would only do a stitch at a time ... very frustrated I was, but persevered and got it done. Took the machine into the shop to get it fixed, and the lovely, nice man - quickly pointed out to me that the bobbin had been flicked over and therefore my machine was actually fine! I MAN I was so embarressed. I thanked him quickly and laughed (thru my blushing cheeks) and got in the car as fast as I could. Oh dear!!!!! At least he didn't charge me anything - LOL!

I snapped this little cutie in her mermaid outfit dancing yesterday arvo ... too cute for words!

I know there is more to report about ... but I just cannot remember what has happened the past couple of days! Its very busy at the moment, and my memory retention is like 5%!
The girls have their school disco tonight .... they cannot wait. I might need a glass of wine to help me get thru it - LOL! enjoy your weekend - I know I will!

3 comments:

Melissa H said...

you're a good mum to be sewing dance costumes, we just had to pay for ours and they were all done for us! don't worry about the machine thing, i do stuff like that too and i'm not even blonde! lol!! hope you're having a fun weekend!

Jude said...

I admire anyone who can sew, but I was LOL at the repair shop visit!!

Julie Ann Shahin said...

Thanks for visiting my blog!