i really enjoyed Ali's words on design and style this week. I have taken a few things that I know will stick with me .... in particular the following was fantastic
"Life is a process of continual discovery, and our surroundings should bear witness to the search. The best discoveries are those that are unique and exciting, with elements of the familiar and comforting. The same can be said for style, which can't be obtained by simply following a prescription. Good style is ultimately a found style - stumbled upon, discovered and collected over time. It is easier to hire a designer, choose to be either shocking or conservative, to use massive clutter or leave rooms nearly empty for effect. But homes that feature a true sense of style are most often those that have been lovingly assembled over time, piece by piece, matching old and new with creativity, common sense, thriftiness, and occasional humor."
I could apply it not only to scrapbooking but my quest for organising my house too.
It was as if Ali had ESP as I had been considering my design skills and wondering about what inspires me etc ... so I got alot out of reading her article. Life is a journey and its wonderful to be evolving ... I am reading Bono's book at the moment, and he is talking about the same thing - wonderful!So here is my very first scrapbooking layout ever. Of course i saw the idea and copied it with my own add ins ... I realise now I have the skills to create my own things, when I first started scrapbooking I would copy ideas (scraplift) But as my journey progressed (I have been scrapbooking 3 years) I have learnt to go with what pushes my buttons and enjoy the process of creating what happens at the time ... its fun!
You can see on my blog my more recent work. ENJOY THE JOURNEY .... this is one of my life mantras! have a wonderful weekend!
p.s. I survived the Dancing Rehersal ... YAY!
2 comments:
we had our dancing dress rehearsal today too! our first time! ella is three and has NO IDEA what she is doing - but she looks cute in her costume! her concert is tomorrow.
what is the name of bonos book, is it 'u2 by u2'?? i think my dh would like that for chrissie!
OKay... this is your FIRST Layout??? It is great... I am way to chicken to post mine!LOL...
Post a Comment