
~ ballet ~
last night the biggest girl and I went to the ballet for the first time. It was so exciting, as I felt quiet lucky that we could share this special "first" together. She is a wonderful little ballet dancer, and is practising for her Grade 2 exam at the moment. It was organised thru her dancing teacher (who is also a friend) and a group of us took our daughters. The excitement had been building throughout the weekend, and by yesterday afternoon she was very very very beside herself. I was totally blown away by these dancers, they were so amazing - and I felt very in awe of what their bodies could do. K let out a gasp as this beautiful ballerina entered the stage - it was so priceless, I could see her mind working hard - wishing one day she too could dance on stage like her. Later that night she did verbalise it - which i wasn't at all surprised to here.
A much more civilised night than the
saturday night before where we went to a friends 40th party. It was fancy dress - hubby made a rubik cube from a box, and I went as catwoman (i wasn't very organised with my costume) it was fun and great to see all the effort everyone went to with their costums.Today has been a pretty "flat" day today ... i woke up tired - not good, as I've been grumpy and not very productive!!! Have managed to snap out of it now, but am off to bed so it doesn't carry over till tomorrow. I have made sure that won't happen due to the batch of double choc chip cookies i made earlier tonight - CHOCOLATE fixes everything - its one of my mottos!
p.s. my lil sis moved out yesterday, seems quiet without her and I'm actually feeling a bit lonely, she is good company - maybe that was contributing to my being grumpy! I went and visited her and we went for coffee - that was fun!
1 comment:
G has to be the best lookin Rubiks Cube I have ever seen!! Did he walk to the party OR run alongside CatWoman in the car?? Its great the effort you 2 make!! Well done!! Our #1 grandaughter looked gorgeous for the ballet. I bet she will realise her dream one day! Glad you are feeling better. 2 late nights probably made you feel grumpy for sure. Luv Mum xxxxxx
Post a Comment