Tuesday, August 15, 2006

athletic sports day

yesterday the girls had their school athletic sports day. I always enjoy going and watching them compete, they love you being there and quite honestly i get pretty excited before they run (brings back memories when i was young and racing ...) the weather was fantastic which always makes the day even more fun. Katya was 4th in the long distance race (3 x laps of the oval) and then won her heat of the sprints and 2nd in the semi final.
Ems had a sprint and was 2nd (however all the preschoolers got ribbons so she wasn't really aware of her placing - just over-joyed to have a ribbon - can you tell by the photos?)
Katya had the final today and ran 4th which was fantastic, so off to zones in a couple of weeks I guess - and more 8am running training sessions for us.
I went for a swim today, first time in ages after having this sinus infection (grrrrr - glad that is gone) was so so nice to be in the water and the sunshine. Do feel a bit tired now, so I guess I'll sleep well tonight.
Its a holiday here tomorrow, so friends are coming for dinner and lil sister popping over to colour my hair before dinner too ...
better go get dinner on ....



1 comment:

Kay said...

CONGRATULATIONS K&E. We are SO PROUD of you both!! Well done!! Nana & RB.
Glad U are feeling better C. Its been a long winter of lots of illnessess thats for sure? Take care. L&H, Mum xxxxx