Saturday, January 20, 2007

home sweet home ....
we are back in brisvegas .... oh its nice to be home (and even nicer because i busted my butt before we left to get the house completely clean - oh i am loving that i did that!!!!!)
we had such a ball.
It was a fabulous holiday. I have heaps of cool pics, bummer is tho, i left the cable for my camera in melbourne - hello! so you will have to wait a bit for them .... be patient with me!
what an adventure our little family embarked on.
I loved it so much, i didn't want it to end. Gary booked all the accomodation, so it was interesting turning up to see what we were staying in. To be fair he did a great job ... good one babe! The first night I have to say was the best because the girls had their own room .... the following two nights we were in one big communal room - yes, just let your mind imagine the 5 of us in one room. It was funny .... the first night we are lying on our bed in the dark trying to let everyone get to sleep .... i ended up just going to sleep as the dark just got too much - LOL!
we went to the Dubbo Zoo ... you ride around on push bikes, i had Gianna and Emra in a trailer behind my one, and Gary had a Katya on a half wheeler behind him, it was probably the highlight of the trip for me .... so much fun - i can't wait to show you some pics.
We did alot of driving, and I really realise the state of the drought in our country. Out back Australia is so brown and the animals have so little to eat - it was totally devestating seeing it. I am praying to God even moreso for rain now ... it really hit home to me.
I learnt alot about myself on this trip too - i have come home with some new plans for myself ... i am excited. I will share a couple with you ... i get stressed out when i am out for dinner (or lunch) with my kids ... i think i feel as if they should behave perfectly and if anything goes on i just get uptight. i don't know why? but i am going to work on chilling out ... it was good cause obviously we ate out heaps and i was able to ease up and analyse why i feel this way. I guess we all have things to work on, and this is one for me. I mean our girls are really good girls too, so its not like i have ferral children running around the place ... anyway, i am making progress and this trip has helped heaps.
Also ... in case you didn't know, i love the internet. I just think its a wonderful thing being able to connect with people all over the world. However, i do tend to waste alot of time i have realised. So now I am saving my blogging and emailing to after the kids are in bed ... this will allow me to be alot more productive thru the day and not get so distracted (you can kill alot of time surfing the net - LOL!)
Another is that i really am not very fit at the moment. I went for a run this morning - Armidale where we were staying in right on top of a hill ... this didn't help. i ran downhill for like 10 mins, of course I had to run back up that horrible hill - like 2kms of hill i'm talking about ... not good! i am determined tho ... so that is lucky (best not think about the lack of fitness at this point :-) )
so that is just a few things ... there are others too ... i feel more connected with myself and my family which is invaluable!
so ..... had to blog and tell you all about it. and I am happy to report its 9pm and I started my goal off on the right foot ... yay for me!
can't wait to scrapbook again ... i am getting withdrawls - LOL! have a fab weekend!

2 comments:

Melissa H said...

so glad you are back! i missed reading your blog and being a little more in contact with you!

great to hear about your trip, travelling with littlies can be stressful, but it sounds like you guys handled it perfectly! nothing like a family holiday to bring everyone closer together at the beginning of the year!

i like how you have realised you want to work on areas of 'you' - we all need to do this every now and then. the things you want to acheive will bring harmony to the family as a whole as well as decrease your stress levels... easy done!

speak to you soon,
hugs,
melissa :)
xx

Anonymous said...

Chanel, you sound exactly like me re the eating out situation. It always ends up being so stressful! For some reason Rodger doesn't have the same issues when the go out without me!
Good luck with the running/fitness. I am keeping JUly 1 at the back of my mind,
Tirzah