Monday, March 05, 2007

lots to share ... warning, seriously long post!!!!!

am happy to report that we all had SUPER big sleeps last night ... i feel 100 times better today, i was seriously falling apart yesterday! Sad!

Have had a super productive day, including taking Gi gi to swimming lessons (she didn't cry very much so that was a way big improvement - yay yay yay) grocery shopping, interview with Katya's teacher, made muffins, did 3 loads of washing, made a super yummy dinner and more stuff ... can't even remember it all - but i am pleased. Although i still haven't unpacked myself from our trip .... ahhh! that was on my list ... oh well, its been pushed till tomorrow now! he he!

do have some bad news to share, we lost 3 out of 4 goldfish when we were away ... it totally sux as i went out of my way to go to the pet shop and buy some tablets so they had food and everything - unless they just ate too much (now there's a thought) so we had sad kids .... well for some reason Emra always ends up with the fish who lives .... completely bizzar!
this is one of the photos i was telling you about with the driftwood ... i love this driftwood (did you pick up on that) hard to get a good photo of 5 kids .... super hard actually!

we had some days at the beach, it was great ... bought back alot of memories from my childhood ...


and have to share some wedding photos ... i totally love weddings, i always have. i think because they are such a happy, warm occasion ... and so exciting ... the anticipation of the bride arriving, and what will she be wearing. it always makes me all mushy! So it was 100 times worse because it was my only brother's wedding! and he was totally in awe of Lisa ... it was priceless. I managed to survive the prayers of the faithful (which only got me nervous when i saw the pulpit i had to climb up to) My lil Emra was flower girl ... and my lil sister was a bridesmaid. Gary was groomsman, so it was a full on family affair. Just as they were going to say their vows - which they had written themselves. Gianna wanted to go WEES! yes .... what great timing. I couldn't believe it ... a super BIG breath was needed at the time .... that is the sacrifice of having a 2 year old.
I also said a speech at the reception .... i guess i'm the ty
pical big sister .... i just HAD to! I shared a story from our childhood - a funny one of course, but then when i got to the "thanking him for being the best brother" part i turned to mush and choked up .... i guess i hold my emotions close to the surface. Gary's speech was funny (of course - my husband is a very funny man) It was a fabulous night ....
we had such a great time, danced the night away ....









DECK OF ME .....

i also have completed week 8 and 9 of Emily's challenge. Last week was something you miss ... well, i guess after just being back to my homeland and having such a wonderful time ... i do miss things about New Zealand ... little things that are completely personal and wouldn't mean anything to anyone else, but it is always cool going home.









this weeks challenge is :


Inspiration .... where do you find it?
Well, i'll be honest with you ... i get inspiration from all places, i have a few people who inspire me greatly, but heaps of things inspire me ... which is totally cool. there are so many cool things in this world to keep the brain ticking over ....


i used a chocolate wrapper from my favourite chocolates Lindt .... i got this cute tin and its a babushka (sp?) doll with tiny ones inside ... i totally loved it. and have been saving the wrappers for scrapbooking.

15 comments:

Unknown said...

LOve your cards, the chocolate wrapper makes such a great background!

Emily Falconbridge said...

love your cards - sounds like you had a great trip, hope the jet lag isn't too bad!!

Mrs Pretzel said...

OK. You were right, it WAS long, but worth EVERY second! Love your cards!
~rachel

Jude said...

Sounds like a beautiful family affair!! Love the driftwood shots too. Your new cards are rockin'... I MUST finish getting caught up... I hate being behind!!LOL... Is that your own writing on the inspiration one? If so it looks awesome!

Je@net said...

Great cards and lovely wedding pictures ;-)

Jen said...

Great cards!

Anonymous said...

The background was so cool, I can't believe it's a chocolate wrapper! Love your cards!

Jennifer Davis said...

Cool cards! Way to be resourceful with the candy wrapper!

Anonymous said...

wow...that looked like a fun trip!!! full of all sorts of good stuff!! man I miss the beach!!!!!

I LOVE your cards...they're great!!! I did home for things I miss too...funny!!! I have been to lazy to post it...oops!! love the inspiration one...love the chocolate wrapper...totally cool!!!

Have a fabulous day I am off to have a day as productive as the one you mentioned!!! ciao chica!

Lynn said...

great cards, love them!!

Ronda Palazzari said...

I am such a mushy person that I teared up when you were talking about the wedding. Sounds like such an awesome time. Love the cards and all the pictures, especially the driftwood one. Too cool!

Melissa H said...

what a gorgous post... you can just feel the love you have for your family!!!

love the driftwood too - i can understand about trying to get a good pic with 5 kids - not easy!!

love your cards - they look awesome, esp. like the one with the chocolate wrapper!! i am so far behind, i know it won't take long to catch up!

super hot day here today - over 42 degrees, still over 41 at 7pm!!!

chat soon!!

Heather said...

Love your cards. Your inspiration one is *stunning*!

Colleen said...

wow! these are fab! i love the inspo card

Cath said...

Oh your trip away sounds fab! and the photos are great thanks for sharing :)

I'm afraid I never did get around to doing those cards...I made the first 4 then that was it!