Sunday, February 04, 2007

fun fun fun ....

i have had such a FUN weekend. I am loving it. Of course had our date night Friday night ... the movie was seriously good. I would recommend anyone seeing it, i wanted to go home and hug my kids ... and felt incredibly blessed for the life we have. Good to think about those types of things. We went for mexican afterwards - seriously delish! I love mexican food!













The girls were back to dancing on sat morning, so that was pretty busy .. they were so happy to be dancing again, and they have started at a new studio - very cool!
Sat afternoon and went up to mooloolaba with one of my best friends. They own a unit up there and she wanted to have some girls time to chill and do some scrapbooking ... how could i say no to that! of course i couldn't -lol! it was bliss ... we went for a body surf at the beach ... gorgeous beach too! then had thai at this small lil restaurant - really not flash at all, but the food was totally to die for, and the place was packed to the brim. we were actually really lucky to get a table. it was the best pad thai i have ever had ... and i am a bit of an expert on pad thai - LOL! i stuffed myself so bad, that my tummy almost exploded later ... i mean HELLO, where is the will power???? no - don't seem to have any!!!! LOL!

we went back to the unit and scrapbooked till midnight ... so fun! Slept in this morning, then got up to have a cup of tea and YES you guessed it scrapbook again .. oh what bliss, scrapbooking before breaky! LOL! Had breaky out (overlooking the beach) had a quick shop and got this cutie summer dress and top ... cool!

Gary came up with the girls (loaded up with our windsurfing gear) and we went to Golden Beach - one of our favourite places to be EVER! and went windsurfing. First time out this year ... love it, such fun. It was a bit short lived as the weather changed a bit early afternoon



... so we went down to check out friends we know who are renovating their beach house .. they happened to be there so we got the grand tour .. really totally cool. so impressed. had afternoon tea and hung with them for a couple of hours. then headed back to the beach for ice-creams and i had fun playing with my camera. did i tell you how much happiness i get from taking photos ...
well - ALOT! so took tonnes of photos ... have posted a few of my favs. I have booked in for a photography class next month so that will be helpful. I love the one of the girls with our big shadows in it ... i though that was pretty cool!







ok, i am tired ... wish i knew what emily's next challenge was! drat!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Sounds like a beautiful weekend. That beach looks absolutely glorious!

Melissa H said...

what a perfect weekend!! beach, scrapbooking, shopping, and pad thai (believe it or not, my fave thai dish!- freaky!) what more could a girl ask for!!

Anonymous said...

i am jealous!! it sounds like you live in such a beautiful place!

Chris Millar said...

Isn't it just the most beautiful movie?!! I was in Melbourne when I saw it and I just wanted to jump on the first plane home and cuddle my kids! What a wonderful weekend you had!

OMGosh! I'm starting a photography course in 2 weeks time at TAFE at Caboolture. We're not doing the same one are we??!!

Josh said...

Chanel,
Thanks for stopping by to see my page. Australia....mmmmm that would be an awesome place to live! Great page by the way and I love the beach! I will check your site frequently, and check back on mine for new pics. It maybe a day or two, I am working full time, plus taking to college courses, decided it was time to finish my education.

Anonymous said...

OMGosh...you are just feeding my argument...LOL!!! been trying to convince my hubby to find a job overseas...somewhere warm...somewhere like ausrtalia!!! and everytime you post pictures and talk about fabulous times at beach after beach...I 'm like...hey babe!!! come check this out!!! wouldn't you like to live somewhere like this...instead of in this frozen wasteland (which we both hate!!!)???!!! keep it coming...I'll convince him yet...LOL!!! sounds like a fabulous weekend!!!