Sunday, July 23, 2006

trying times ....
we go through ups and downs in this life ... most of the time, my life is so fantastic that I can hardly contain myself. I feel so blessed in a billion different ways, that truely sometimes I feel like its too good to be true. Then your kids get sick - I know I hear you laughing, but seriously the past two weeks have been full of interesting things with each of our 3 girls. I think i generally cope pretty well - but friday night after taking the littlest one to the hospital in the middle of the night with a scary dose of croupe was the straw that broke the camels back. So I will come clean with you (and I know I'm putting myself out here with this one - but honesty is a good policy) yesterday I didn't feel like doing it - being a mother that is. now I will explain:- I still wanted everything I have, but just not the commitments and responsibility that goes with it ... just for yesterday, I wanted to just care about myself - not even hubby. JUST ME! You know just get food for me, just read a book if I wanted to .... have a nap if I wanted at anytime I wanted. I seldom seldom have days like this, but yesterday I was pining for it. I think every mother in the world must have a day now and again when she feels like this .... just wanting to switch off, and the realisation that the job we do is so completely and utterly HUGE!
Well, good news is today is Sunday and a NEW day, and I am feeling fine again and happy to be caring for everyone again and moving on and enjoying this completely wonderful life I have. I had a fun day today with my girls. Hubby was having a blokes day with a mate at the V8 Supercars - grunt grunt! So we went visiting this morning to my girlfriend (her husband was the other one grunting with my hubby) we had a cuppa and a chat and ate delicious yummy chocy biscuits - I mean how could you not enjoy that! then with my sister we went to the movies and saw Over the Hedge. It was fun, and good to have an outing. The girls and I then went to church and I felt uplifted even tho it is only an hour, it does give me time to reflect on some things - usually pretty important things. Made Donna Hay's Meatball Subs for dinner (a take off of Subways meatball sub) they were scrummy!
I am tired now .... I have been playing with my new printer ... I love how I can just print my own photos out, how totally cool. Here is a small notepad I sent my sister ... couldn't show you until I knew she recieved it - she was the one who got the bookmark too! nighty night from me ..... ok can't get the photo up, so check that for next time ....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Greets to the webmaster of this wonderful site! Keep up the good work. Thanks.
»