so i thought i'd share how i would cook these little beauties tonight on the bbq!
Jamie Oliver (one of my favourite chefs ..
. who i was lucky enough to meet in person and cook pizza with - thats another story!) gave this idea out. I think its an italian idea originally ... basically its flavouring salt to use as seasoning. So this time i have used orange rind and fresh thyme leaves and blitzed them in the food processor with about a cup of salt.
Then I put cuts in the side of the fish (so it can soak up the salty flavour) and wrapped it up in a al-foil parcel to cook on the bbq (remember to oil the tin foil so the fish
doesn't stick)
I made some foccacia in the bread maker and thru a salad together. This is a great summer meal ... it feels like summer now, nice warm day today!
Once the fish is cooked, you need to carefully remove the flesh ... remembering that there will be bones, so be careful with small children! I usually just open the parcels and put them on a dish in the middle of the tab
le for everyone to dig into!
If you would like the bread recipe, it really is delicious and everyone loves it! All my friends have tried this bread ...
the breadmaker does all the hard work, and then you just chuck it into a tin, add some flavoured oil ... let it rise again and bake! i am happy to send the recipe to anyone who wants it!
3 comments:
Yum!! That focaccia looks so good...
I want to hear about cooking with Jamie...
I would love the recipe.....I have a breadmaker!!! The skiing in your nextpost looks like FUN, we boat quite a bit & ski & tube. It does leave lasting family memories. Now the girls are older we want to do it with them too!! Great to have you back. Meet you in 42 days......yahoo. Melxx
I would love the recipe too please. I've wanted to make some but have been hesitant.
Thanks,
Rhonda
Post a Comment