Easter 2009
What an awesome weekend ... well we got away early, so it was 5 nights away for us! SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO FUN! We decided to take the boat up to Somerset Dam, which was booked out for camping a few weeks ago ... we knew it would be busy, so thought we would get up there on Wed to get a good spot. We were a little shocked driving in seeing so many people there already ... however, that was nothing to what ended up. I have never seen so many people ... it was awesome. Like a little village just popped up out of no where. Amazingly enough, it didn't feel really busy tho ... i guess we were out in the boat all day, and we had a great spot that was really private - with water views! stunning!
The weather hasn't been as gorgeous as usual Queensland weather is ... we have had some rain, but we did get heaps of good riding time out in the boat, and just had a ball camping together. It has been such a great family bonding time ... i feel so connected to each family member, and i just feel really really happy! Its hard to describe (and i can hear myself sounding really cheesy ... i am sorry about that!) I guess it was just a great time!
So i have put together a mosaic of some of my favourite photos from our holiday. I will have some fun scrapbooking these! I will be printing them off tomorrow ... (smile)
We made some friends at the camp ground, another crew had a Sea Ray boat too, and we ended up hanging out with them ... we couldn't remember all their names the first time around, so the girls kept calling them Greg and Friends, it was so funny. "when are we going to see Greg & friends" - you can imagine!
I feel a little second hand today, after so many days on the water. I think i've decided that wake skating is my favourite thing at the moment. I even got a couple of jumps on it ... pretty happy about that. I have asked Gary for a wake skate lesson for my birthday ... so i can fast track my learning curve. Gary was going hard on the wake board and pulled off a new jump he's been trying for a while ... after many many wipe outs (boys are so much tougher than girls ... i hate how your face hurts when you face plant! he doens't seem to mind!)
ok ... better get my family some dinner - even if its beef curry i made last week (the girls are all making something at my scrapbooking table ... they are quite and busy so i am not really minding .... i'm sure they will be beautiful creations. Tomorrow we are going to make the cute bracelets that are on the House of 3 for Easter - so cute!
4 comments:
wow! Love the new blog layout! beautiful! I had sooo much catching up to do! The anniversary pocket card is so beautiful! that would be great for kids birthdays too and have little coupons in there! I am jacking the dinner party idea! I need to get enough friends together to do that it looks like you guys really do it up big. Can't wait to see what you come up with next:)
wow! Love the new blog layout! beautiful! I had sooo much catching up to do! The anniversary pocket card is so beautiful! that would be great for kids birthdays too and have little coupons in there! I am jacking the dinner party idea! I need to get enough friends together to do that it looks like you guys really do it up big. Can't wait to see what you come up with next:)
Great to hear you all had such a fantastic Easter Chanel!
Sheree xx
Post a Comment