There was no rest as next morning we had to be up early to organise Create 08 Brisbane. We were greated with woman when we arrived, who were super keen and ready to have fun. Some of the girls even helped us set up ...thank you so much to you guys, you were awesome and i really appreciated your kind and generous spirits! It was a fun day, full of lots of scrapbooking thanks to Heidi who had planned super cool projects (of course). It was really nice to meet all these people i had been in contact with and put a name to a face. What a great
group of people - who looked like they had heaps of fun. I was a little jealous i wasn't sittin
g down with them creating cool stuff! lol! It was a bit of a family affair - esp in Brisbane, even Gary was called in to help ... our girls were doing jobs, and i had a team of volunteers who were amazing. Lisa, Ange, Alicia and Tracey you girls were fabulous and i am so thankful you were there ... thanks a million! We met with the Scrapbook Cre
ations ladies after the event, they were so generous and donated magazines for everyone ... we really appreciate the support of them and others like Delish, and all the other sponsors who supported us.
Monday we were on the early flight down to Melbourne, I took our eldest daughter Katya with us ... she has truely been an amazing help to us and quite frankly i don't know what i would have done without her. So she was on board to help set up in Melbourne, and my dear friend Suzanne let me steal her daughters to help (and give Katya some company - they are super best friends) Melbourne w
as a different situation, as the venue was able to let us set up the day before .... this was alot less stressful on us ...
Melbourne was so fun, again i was just so happy to meet all these great people i had been in contact with and get to know them a little. I was on the floor in Melbourne so i got to spend more time with everyone, if i did it again i would have done the same in Brisbane ... i guess that is part of learning! We did run out of food at lunchtime, and thanks to everyone for being so patient and understanding of the situation while they prepared some more.
Once again i loved seeing everyone so busy and inspired making all the fun things. I had done the samples for the calender class ... so i knew how exciting all the techniques that were being taught were ... it was exciting to see people learning. I have to thank Suzanne for her help thru the day, Maddy, Jessie and Katya for their wonderful help ... also my sister-in-law who was amazing on monday .. i know she would have loved to come if she had a babysitter!
I was really touched with the gorgeous girl at the end who stood up and thanked both Heidi and myself ... i
t bought a tear to my eye to be honest, and i appreciated her thoughtfulness so much. Heidi did an amazing job of teaching, that is why we all love her so much. She made tears come to my eyes ... and i wasn't even doing the class! lol ... she has a way of touching your heart ... a special gift!
Arlington at Wattle Park Chalet were so helpful to us, they really bent over backwards to accomodate us and make the event go well ... i am especially thankful to Tanya for all her hard work and the positiveness. She made this process so much easier for me - esp with me being away from Melbourne!
Arlington at Wattle Park Chalet were so helpful to us, they really bent over backwards to accomodate us and make the event go well ... i am especially thankful to Tanya for all her hard work and the positiveness. She made this process so much easier for me - esp with me being away from Melbourne!
We had approx 2 hours in between ... mostly which was re-setting for the Retailers event. We had again a gorgeous group of woman, i enjoyed chatting to them all and seeing their creations. Being in business myself, i loved seeing their reactions and the lightbulbs going off as Heidi shared some
ideas and advice for ways they could improve or grow their businesses! It was inspiring ...
I just want to leave this LONG post to say i feel incredibly greatful for the opportunity to have been able to do this with my dear friend Heidi. She is so talented and clever ... and she constantly inspires me. This has been an incredible learning experience and i want to say THANK YOU for all of your kinds words of encouragement or the "thank yous" the emails and the comments on the blog. You are an incredible group of ladies, and i feel thankful to have met you thru this cool experience. Merry Christmas to you all ...
13 comments:
The events looked amazing, Chanel! Congrats to both you and Heidi for pulling it all off, I know how much work goes into this kind of thing. I wish I could have been there!! It looked amazing!!
It was a great day yesterday, you all did a great job. I'm just wishing I didn't have to be at work today so I could continue playing with all the product!
(Oh and it was Ngaire Brown who spoke at the end - yay Ngaire!)
You and me both Melissa!
Chantel, you and Heidi did an incredible job to pull this all together - and keep smiling. I have never done so much in such a short time.
Wishing you a wonderful, relaxing Christmas.
x
it was a fantastic event Chanel and your little helpers did a wonderful job as well. Hopefully there will be more create days. Heidi is truly a beautiful person and she is amazing at what she does and how she puts it across.
Thank you so much Chanel and Heidi for a FANTASTIC day in melbourne. It was totaly inspiring... She brought tears to my eyes and said so many things that will stay with me for a long time.
Again thank you and all your helpers you all deserve a big pat on the the back.
Hope you all have a great Christmas and a fantastic 2009.
Cherie xx
Hi Chanel - that was me who got up and thanked you and Heidi. It was the least that we could do after all of the organising you had done for us and making the day so much fun. There is Heidi stuff spread from one end of my house to the other and that is the way I like it!
Thanks Chanel
Really enjoyed Tuesday Night and wanted to say thankyou to yourself and your team of helpers who helped set up and clear away. Heidi is exceptionally inspiring and I thouroughly enjoyed the short time we had.
Cheers
Jan
I just wanted to thank you so very much for the effort that you put into making yesterday such a great event. Thank you to all your helpers and to Heidi for sharing so much of herself with us. Look forward to next time! Have a fantastic festive season, Kez
I had a great time in Melbourne. A big thank you to you and Heidi, for making the event happen. I have emailed Tim Holz and will email others as the addresses are uploaded. I especially need to thank Wendy from Fiskars, as I am one of the happy winners of the stamp press.Your 3 little helpers were also gorgeous. Thanks again.
Dear Chanel
Thank you for a wonderful day...so well organised and your team were so helpful and friendly.I can guarantee I will be back next time. Have a wonderful chistmas.
Janet
Wow!! It looks like you guys did a fabulous job on everything!!! Tal and I were definitely wishing we could have been there :)
Thanks Heidi & Chanel, I really enjoyed the retailer event in Melbourne and certainly feel very inspired to follow some of Heidi's fabulous tips and ideas. You both did such a great job it was a fun night!! Anna
Thanks for a great workshop. The event was alround amazing. Yourself and Heidi were so patient with all of us. The product we were given was brilliant. And the class content inspriational. Hope you run another next year. Keep up the fantastic work
Post a Comment