Tuesday, June 12, 2007

long weekend fun ....

it was a long weekend here in Australia (this weekend just gone) we didn't go away ... but did lots of fun things instead. We all went and saw Shrek 3rd at the movies on Sat .... its cute, they have baby shreks ....

we visited two lots of friends who have had new babies ... so sweet to cuddle a brand new baby, they are so so so tiny ... you forget how little babies are when they are first born. I have so many friends having babies at the moment ....

On Sunday Kathy and I went to the Scrapbooking Convention that was on here in Brisbane. It is a good one, i've been before ... i got some really cool ribbons, and some stamps ... met a few cool people, it was fun. Afterwards I met Gary and the girls at Southbank and we had lunch together.

Yesterday I decided to blow out the cobwebs and get back on my bike, so i rode up to Suttons Beach (about 30kms ... nothing amazing, but a start) and met gary and the girls there for a picnic (our favourite hot chicken in bread rolls) and the kids played at the beach. We had a game of bolles ... and this photo which was staged - was supposed to have everyone throwing their balls at the same time .... had trouble getting that co-ordinated however! We also took the baseball and had a hit (i got this cute pink mit and balls in USA ... aren't they cool) i had a bad run with batting and couldn't seem to hit anything! Even pros have off days!!!!! LOL! Gary wanted to go to the beach all weekend, and to be honest i didnt' feel very motivated to go as we had very cold winds on fri and sat, but sun and monday was really stunning weather ... Em and Gi went for a swim ... hello, its June already - have put a photo in just so you believe me! LOL! it was a beautiful day out.

I have just finished my Deck of Me card for this week ... this weeks topic is "right now"!
which for me ... is about gettting back to normal life after such a busy start to the year, and my trip to USA ... which was totally fun and exciting! I have been doing some soul searching and its good ... good for the self development! I used one of the new ribbons i got on the weekend ... i love them they are so cool.
well, i went swimming today ... and i'm tired now, i am fading ... so i am going to bed!

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful card!

Marjolein said...

Great card, lovely ribbon, beautiful colours!

Je@net said...

What a great card!! Love the colours and the ribbon!

Jen said...

Sweet card! I love the colors and the ribbon.

Chris Millar said...

30klms is very amazing!!! That's fantastic Chanel! Do you have a proper 'racing' or road bike? I'm worried about going out on the open road too much and haven't attempted to ride to Redcliffe yet. Also, do you get a really sore lower back riding that far?
Hey, I was there at the Expo on Sunday, shame we didn't run into each other! I was only there a very short time though.

Anonymous said...

that looks like a fun picnic at the beach with some pretty yummy looking sandwiches!!

glad you got back on your bike!! love the card....I am sooooooooooooo behind!!! I need to catch up!!!

have a great night!!

Unknown said...

Fantastic card, love that ribbon!!

michelle said...

love your card.. very cool baseball mitt!

Jude said...

What a fun weekend! I love your new card! (believe it or not, I am almost caught up, and I did this week's already!!LOL) I especially love that ribbon, is that some you got at the convention you went to??

Paula J Atkinson said...

Gorgeous card, so love those ribbons. Your journalling is fantastic & thought provoking.

Deborah said...

Love your card, what a great design and colours :)

hks said...

lol... i LOVE THE BASEBALL..
i might have to take up the sport again!
xo... hks

Jennifer Davis said...

Great things to be concentrating on, thanks for sharing your card! It's beautiful!

nicole said...

Sounds (and looks like) a very fun weekend indeed!!
and love the aj card - great job!