Monday, June 04, 2007

kite surfing ....

is what i want to try ... that is this weeks prompt for the Deck of Me Challenge. For a long time it didn't interest me so much - i have a background in windsurfing ... anyone who knows me very well, knows that gary and i spent alot of our relationship b.c (before children) windsurfing. It is a very cool sport ... however after i finished racing, and had kids i guess i just cherished the time i did have to windsurf when we went ... i wasn't interested in trying another sport that i new would take some time and effort to master. Gary has got into kiting, then sold his gear when Emra came along (as a trade off to buy a new bike tho!) . He is keen to get back into it too. A friend of ours was staying recently and he went for a lesson ... and he was so ampted after it ... it made me want to try! So thanks eric ... i will now officially learn to kite surf!


I have a theory on mid-life crisis' too ... i think if you are still doing things you love and things that are fun ... and new stuff ... that you won't get into a rut and have a mid-life crisis! I guess time will tell if my theory is right - LOL!


here is my card for this week ... i got this pic from the internet, thought it was cool ... maybe one day i'll have a similar photo with me on it instead!

19 comments:

Unknown said...

Fantastic card :)
Kite surfing looks like fun!

Jude said...

Love it Chanel... I think that would be fun too, although I am not a big swimmer/waterskier type. I am a big fan of the jet ski though!! :) You will never have a midlife crisis, you do too many fun things and are too young at heart!!

Je@net said...

Oh yeah, that would be a great thing to learn! Must be a wonderful feeling!!

Marjolein said...

Great card!! And that sure would be great to learn, hopefully you'll manage someday!

Jen said...

Very cool card! Kite surfing looks like a lot of fun!

Aimee said...

your work is clean,simple and inspiring...love the way you highlight the photos. true eye candy.

Paula J Atkinson said...

Awesome desire! Great card.
I work in Insurance & we do mainly Jetskis. I love them but am terrified of water!!

Lyzzydee said...

Great ambition!!Great Card.

michelle said...

this looks so fun! i wish i wasn't so afraid of everything in the water! great card!

hks said...

well, at least you live by the BEACH!!!!
it's hard to kite surf in the desert!!!... LOL..
hks

Anonymous said...

Great card. Kite surfing looks fun.

katie k hymas said...

Looks like fun... crazy, but fun! Sounds like a great challenge. You're an inspiration to those of us stuck in a rut!

Karla Dudley said...

Girl I am was JUST thinking about a mid life crisis today after watching Fried Green Tomatoes for the first time. Girl I believe you are right!

I LOVE you card too! Everything is cool!

Chat soon
-Karla

Nathalie Kalbach said...

That is a cool card and goal!!! This looks liek so much fun!

Anonymous said...

Hey chanel!!! kite surfiing looks like a wicked sport to try!! Hope you get to and hope you have a ton of fun!! the card turned out great!!

read your previous post...how's the virus...everyone doing better?? hope so....that sounded nasty!!

enjoy the rest of your week...ciao chica!!

Anonymous said...

lswow! SO cool! i wish i was that brave!:)

xx
jill

Anonymous said...

caught up...again. sorry, I have so many blogs to visit. How fun does kite surfing look??? I would be all over that. I am going to be the queen of target this summer! We don't have one but I would seriously consider leaving my children behind to load up the mini van with their chic and thrifty stash!

jess said...

GREAT card!!! I hope you do get to learn it one day!! i'd like to learn that too but i think im too much of a sissy!! lol!!
Xx Jess

valerie said...

looks like great fun if a little scary