Friday yay ...
So I have just finished my Y2R homework, heidi is going to be so happy i've done it ... and i really loved this one, it just had so many things that caught my focus and attention and i just lost myself in it. We had to use something old from our scrapbook stash, so the brown floral piece and also the word "cherish" are two things I've had for a while. We had to handmake a flower embellisment, i used callico as i was going for an aged sort of look ... so i inked it too! The old photo was taken on my christening day, so i was only 2 weeks old. The new one was taken in March at my brothers wedding and it is the 4 generations, my nana, my mother, me and my 3 daughters. So i had to share as I just love how this has turned out.
you know i love fridays ... although today has been alot busier than my normal friday. I
watched the start of the school cross country .. my girls both did really well, so proud of them - it was a hot day today too, so they were tired tonight.
watched the start of the school cross country .. my girls both did really well, so proud of them - it was a hot day today too, so they were tired tonight.Then went swimming, fridays we always do distance stuff, so i knew i would suffer from being unfit - i wasn't too bad actually, but it was hard work. Finally got to clearing out Emra's room - i hadn't been able to face it since getting back, it was such a tip ... however, i had decided that i was going to take a trip to Ikea this afternoon and figured i might need to pick her up some more stoarage things .... that was the motivation. So glad its behind me, she seriously makes alot of mess.
So i picked the girls up from school after paying some bills first, and was going to head to Ikea, called in on a friend to borro $5 to get over the bridge (its a toll bridge) and the big girls stayed for a play ... so Gigi and I headed off, Ikea is on the otherside of town to us .... BUT i was on a mission ... and I HAD to go today! OK! So its a long weekend here ... and everyone that has a life (not us) is going away to enjoy the beautiful weather and 3 days off. Can you imagine the traffic situation????? HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM!

Can i tell you that is was really really really disastrous! but for some reason that was ok ... and i was completely calm about it! We got there (like an hour later) it was really quiet at Ikea (one bonus - you know its usually so damn busy it makes you sick) so that was nice. I took the wrong route home, and came upon an accident ... needless to say, i didn't end up getting home with the girls till nearly 7pm - picked up indian takeaway on the way home ... that was SO GOOD!
The boys have gone to the Bronco's game ... so its so peaceful, i haven't even got music going .... i am really enjoying the peace (as i know any sec they will rock in and it will be over) My cousin had her first baby yesterday on her birthday ... how sweet. She is only 3 lbs - how tiny, so happy for Jane and Derek!
So I have just finished my Y2R homework, heidi is going to be so happy i've done it ... and i really loved this one, it just had so many things that caught my focus and attention and i just lost myself in it. We had to use something old from our scrapbook stash, so the brown floral piece and also the word "cherish" are two things I've had for a while. We had to handmake a flower embellisment, i used callico as i was going for an aged sort of look ... so i inked it too! The old photo was taken on my christening day, so i was only 2 weeks old. The new one was taken in March at my brothers wedding and it is the 4 generations, my nana, my mother, me and my 3 daughters. So i had to share as I just love how this has turned out.Have a fab weekend ... i know i will!
5 comments:
Where DOES the time go? I've not been able to sit down and check your blog for ages! It was SO good to hear from you again.
Wow! you say YOUR unfit lol! you should see me - I'm 2.5 stone overweight and running 5K next weekend lol! THAT should be a sight to behold lol! Not expecting a great time though, as not only am I unfit, but I've had shin splints for the last couple of weeks so have only been on the Xtrainer at the gym (5 miles though).
Love the party pictures - Yellow - a good sunshine colour :)
Loved reading what you have been up to!! I can just see the traffic now...URGH!!!
We are at home this long weekend too....hoping to get the house in order, but so far, no luck!!!
Love your lo....lots of beautiful detail!
XO
Chanel - thanks for your comments on my blog. Good for you with the marathon goal, I'm sure you can do it.
wow...wow....wow!!!! I LOVE that LO!!! so pretty!!! I love ikea for storage!!!! have a wonderful monday!!!
I LOVE what you did with the pics...U are SO CLEVER. Have an AWESOME birthday. Can't believe its ALL THOSE YEARS AGO I became a mummy!!! LOL.
love & hugs XOXOXOXOXOXOXOXO
Post a Comment