Monday, May 07, 2007

34 years [young]

today is my birthday .... i am 34 today! and it has been a lovely start to the day. I had sleep in ... the girls went downstairs and watched tv for an hour till everyone was awake (bliss) then presents in our room (that is a family tradition which we used to do when we were growing up at home ... all pile into mum and dad's bed) I got some cute gifts, an ipod (when i was in usa) and these very cute mugs with pink butterflies on them ... i love them. Gorgeous black jewellery, cd, writing set, phone charm, recipe book .... already so lucky! Mum put this cute party hat in my package, so sweet ... so don't i look in the spirit of things! Then our american friend made us french toast with hawaiian bread (which i made yesterday ... that is a story into itself) was really yum! Gary surprised me with a homemade card he made last night with some help, Suzanne captured it on film ... she was in histerics watching the boys make me a card - funny! Its the gifts like this that mean the most ... i was thrilled with his creative work! thanks hon!



Its been a fun weekend. Suzanne (one of my best friens from melbourne) came up on sat to spend the weekend with me for my birthday.
We went to my favourite desert restaurant on saturday night (thanks for babysitting bronte) i found my new favourite desert ... oh man, so so so good! i can't remember the name, but they were little brioche bread pieces with white chocolate and rasberries inside ... oh man, amazing! here is suz enjoying her new york baked cheesecake!
Suz helped the girls make me a birthday cake yesterday, you can imagine the mess everywhere ... you are such a good girl suz! It was all go with the chocolate mixture painted on evryone's faces ....

My present to myself is (drumroll)


my tidy and organised scrapbook desk and area ... i am so delighted with how it has come together. I have finally cleaned the desk off so i have room to work ... i am a messy scrapbooker and always end up with the tiniest amount of space ... its insane! It took alot of work ... but it is so worth it ... and a great birthday present. of course gary was the first one to try it out ... i'll ask him his thoughts - LOL!






I am going to Queenie's for High Tea at lunchtime ... there will be more photos to post from this as the food is spectacular. i am looking forward to seeing my girlfriends .... should be fun. Then we are hitting the mexican restaurant for dinner ... since being in america and indulging my passion for mexican food ... i have been craving it, it would be rude not to go ... don't you think?

(edited to add pics from my High Tea)

i had such a fun lunch, having High Tea at Queenie's Tea House.


The owners gave me a crown to wear for the day ....

don't i look like a queen?

the food comes in the traditional high tea plates stacked three high ... so good.

It was so nice chatting with my friends, and having a good laugh - i want to thank each of them for spending the time with me, and also paying for my lunch - which was such a shock, but a lovely gesture that really touched my heart so much ... i was so soilt!

9 comments:

Chris Millar said...

HAPPY B'DAY Chanel!!!! Wow, what a terrific time you've been having!!! Love that amazing card you hubby made!! So cute!

leewoodside said...

Happy Birthday! It is my son's 10th birthday today too.

Jude said...

Happy Birthday Chanel! It sounds like you had an excellent day, adn the dessert place sounds yummy! Your scrap space looks wonderful, and I can totally relate... I have this whole desk and work on like 6 inches of it because I have made such a mess!LOL...

Melissa H said...

happy happy birthday!!!! you sure did have a wonderful day and were very very spoilt!!!! lucky girl - we all deserve a little spoiling every now and then!!!

katie k hymas said...

chanel... happy birthday! It sounds like you had a wonderful celebration and I'm sure you deserve it! I haven't had a chance to say thank you for letting Clark stay with you guys (in the mermaid room!) He had nothing but wonderful things to say about your darling family! Thank you so much, it meant a lot to heidi and I both to have our hubbies in safe hands!

Also, I love your legacy page, great job!
Katie

gramakas said...

Happy Birthday to you!!! Be glad I can't sing it to you... the typed version is much nicer. I love all your celebrations and gifts. I'm sure it is totally deserved. Thanks so much for all you have done for Eric and Clark. It has been so reassuring for our whole family to know that they were under the care of truly compassionate friends. Your "Legacy" page is wonderful. I'm so impressed and jealous. I'm in Heidi's class too but a little behind. So nice to have this connection with you through our blogs. Best wishes for a delightful 35th year coming up!! (Heidi's mom)

Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!!! wow...what an awesome birthday...totally spoiled...how fun!!!! I lvoe that your hubby made you a card...how cute!!!! and all that food....man, I'm drooling!!! have a fabby night!!

Ronda Palazzari said...

A Big Happy Birthday Chanel! The post was amazing with all the pictures. Love your tradition on it all on your bed, and you rock that party hat!

Cath said...

Oh! Happy Belated Birthday sweetie - heck and only 34! What great pictures.

I love the mothers day photos too! its been so long since I got over here for a proper read up.

I completed my first ever 5K on Sunday and amazed my self by doing it in 35 mins!!! 10K for next year then :D