hello from Arizona ....
i made it ... yay! It was quite a journey and i am still sort of pinching myself that i am here in the US of A! The flight was ok, i only slept properly for about an hour, and just dozed the rest of the way ... seemed to take a long time. I didn't do so well in LAX tho. I lost my jacket, got in 2 wrong ques for the wrong airline, got an extra security search done (surprise, surprise) and my good ol monthly friend arrived too - hello! I survived, it just made me realise how unskilled i am at travelling in a new country. Oh well, i'll be styling when i get back here next time! he he!
So my friend heidi picked me up at Arizona, we have had such a ball ... she's a great host, and made me the cutest welcome banner, i will post a pic when i get them organised. i am too lazy to sort it out right now (sorry kids) i will try tomorrow as i took a load a pics of cactus' this afternoon - the landscape here is classic. We had a big day shopping yesterday ... the shops here totally rock! Things are so cheap compared to back in Oz, heaps more variety too - i am loving it. We went to Scrapbooks Etc today ... very very cool scrapbook shop, and i spent WAY too much money in there. So i did a scrapbook LO today, i wish i bought more photos with me - oh well. heidi is worried i won't be able to fit all my shopping in .... i feel confident, until i forgot about all the scrapbook gear i left upstairs.... never fear where there is a will there is a way!
the mexican food is wikid, and i am loving it. So i know there is heaps more to tell you, like i saw three Hummer (sp?) vehicles today just out driving around, i know Gary will spin out about that.
alrighty ... will update again soon. Driving on the other side of the road is freaking me out ... oh and Target is huge here, with amazing selection .... yay!
Thursday, April 12, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
Sorry to hear of your rough journey to the States... I hope you get some sleep! So cool to see AZ through your Oz eyes, its a different world down there. I hope you have a blast on your journey!
Well howdy darling, so good to hear from you and a small portion of your news. Next time I think you should take me with you in my capacity as a 'Butler' or even as your tour companion to ensure all those nasty airport hassles never happen again! Go crazy shopping too - you will regret it if you don't. It may even be worth sending a box full (or 2) home by seamail for Christmas etc - I have done it many times and I have ALWAYS been glad I did! Wish I was there.... Love ya!
Well howdy darling, so good to hear from you and a small portion of your news. Next time I think you should take me with you in my capacity as a 'Butler' or even as your tour companion to ensure all those nasty airport hassles never happen again! Go crazy shopping too - you will regret it if you don't. It may even be worth sending a box full (or 2) home by seamail for Christmas etc - I have done it many times and I have ALWAYS been glad I did! Wish I was there.... Love ya!
waving to you from Cali - pop over and see me!
Watch out for those magaritas.
Hey luv. Good to hear you are having fun. "Enjoy the journey!" Can't wait to catch up on all the stories(& I know there will be heaps!LOL!) when you get back. Sounds like that scrapbooking store will need to restock after your visit. Go girl!!
Glad you enjoyed the States and imagine the weather in both AZ and CA were great (it's April after all!). Did you do L.A. at all?
Post a Comment