Friday, April 06, 2007

good friday ....

a special day of the year ... like no other, the day we remember Jesus was put to death. Its a sad day, i guess cause i always put myself in his shoes (as much as you can when you are only imagining) and feel the emotional fear and physical pain he must have gone thru ... its hard to imagine. We have a 3pm service at our church, which i am going to go to ... its a pretty emotional service because of the circumstances, but i think its good to remind ourselves of the sacrifice that was made.




I am in organising mode, getting ready for my trip. Its a weird feeling - doesn't feel real. I have people saying "good bye" to me now, yet it just doesn't feel real. I guess once I'm on the plane it will kick in ... by myself - as usually i have little people with me all day, that will be strange. I am going to LA, then on to Pheonix, Arizona ... i have a friend who lives there, so it will be fun spending time with their family. Mum's cousin lives in San Deigo so i will pop in there on the way home for a couple of days ... its going to be fun! I will have my camera ready to take a zillion photos (or maybe not ... i have learned recently to slow down and make sure the photo is worth taking, so maybe I'll have better quality photos this time - LOL)




So yesterday the girls finished school for the term, so instead of giving easter eggs ... Kathy gave me this cute little cookie cutter - how could you not use it, its so sweet. So the teachers and various friends got given the biscuits you see pictured ... they are very yum! we have some more to make today ....


i had to include this photo of the kids jumping on the trampoline, its too funny.






Enjoy your Easter, we will enjoy some hot cross buns later ... they are delish!

2 comments:

Ronda Palazzari said...

Sounds like you are hoping around the USA! I really do hope you have a fantastic visit. The bunnies look so cute & I love the pic of the kids on the trampoline!

Jude said...

Have a fun trip to the US. Can't wait to hear all about your adventure!I am looking forward to doing the "resurrection eggs" with the boys tomorrow. (its empty eggs that you put a message/symbol in for different things symbolic of the Easter story.)