Saturday, January 24, 2009

kids rooms & mosiac photos

i seem to be on a bit of a SPRING CLEAN at the moment. Every time i open a cupboard, walk into a room, pull out a draw i feel like it is totally out of control and needs an overhaul.


We have decided to be more frugal this year ... basically because we have everything we need (and some) and i think our society is just loosing the plot when it comes to priorities! So as easy as it is to say ... we are going to try hard to make do with what we have, and really really think before we buy!


I have been reading this blog lately - its had some really interesting stuff on it, about prioritising and being in charge of your life. I am enjoying reading the posts ... todays one is particularly good. (i don't however agree with the article on parenting ... )


So as i was cleaning up Emra's room (our middle child - who is particularly messy) does everyone have one messy child? Its just her personality i guess ... but i cannot believe how much crap i pulled out of that room! it was insane. I guess what topped it off the most, was finding some food (i am not sure exactly what it was .... as it wasn't in good shape) which was still in her school bag ... yes people, from like .... 6-7 weeks ago! It was a bad situation ... and i can tell you it smelled like a bad situation! We were all totaly grossed out ... and having a house full on girls ... that carried on for a bit!






The goal now is to keep it in a controlable state.






i did make these cards last night ... still catching up on birthdays that have already gone!





this is a little sneak peak for my first class back this year which will be a Valentines Day Class ... I will be putting the details on the Creative Cafe blog. I am working on the classes for the first term, I have some fun things in store.

As promised .... I have had a few friends asking how to do the Mosiac Photos ... here is how i have been taught:
firstly you will need a yahoo account. From there go to flickr where you will need to create a new account (if you do not already have one) First time around you will click on "Upload your first photos" and it will then prompt for which photos you would like to upload ... go ahead and choose.
From there you will need to go to this website bighugelabs.com you will see on here "choose a layout" you can pick the different styles of mosaics in here. Down a little further is where you will then choose the photos for each part of the mosiac (depending on how large your pic is) beware that a seperate dialogue box will open to choose the photos ... then you can click on "create" once you are done.
let me know how you go ... hopefully i have given all the instructions in the right order ... (it is getting late you know! lol)






2 comments:

Melanie B said...

Hey Chanel, totally the holidays have gone way too fast. I would love to catch up Ikea is about half way for me so that would be cool!!! Are you all ready for school?? I think I am I am feeling quite frantic as my middle one is starting school & I feel like it is way too early!!! she is only 4 1/2 my babies are growing up. Love the cards you did, keep them rocking. BTW Happy New Year hope it brings you guys all you are dreaming of. Chat soon
Mel xx

Nicola said...

Thanks Chanel for the link to the Zen Blog. As I was reading away I found myself nodding "yes" a lot of the time and I felt very "calm" while reading it , of course this was interupted by the inevitible "muuuum", but I will be keeping up with this one! Our family have decided on a similar focus for the future also, more abou what we do, not what we have! Thanks again.