Monday, October 08, 2007

back to school ...
seriously ... where did the last 2 weeks go? i am in shock .... it flew by! we had such a fun time ... the weather has turned to summer - its been stunning 30 degree days (approx 86F for those of you on the other side of the world) i love summer ... i come alive, i have so much more motivation and strive to do things, i just feel happier! so there was lots of swimming, we went to the beach a few times ... that always makes me feel like i'm on holidays! we also had friends from NZ stay last week, so 5 kids in the house ... lots of fun. I got out surfing again on saturday, had such a blast, the waves were still small ... but perfect for my confidence, and i had some great rides! COOL!

This is what happened here tonight .....

the girls really don't like the electrical storms ... i guess they are pretty loud and scary. i am a bit of a storm chaser ... i love seeing the radar and watching the storms build up (also means my vege garden gets lots of water)

Deck of Me - Week 40


the prompt this week is: Not Anymore


well, this photo was taken when i was about 36 weeks pregnant with Gianna, the last time i was and will be pregnant! So this stage of life "having babies and being pregnant" will happen Not Anymore in this family! for a while i mourned it ... i guess its such a miracle and an amazing journey you go on emotionally and physically .... but some of me is glad too, its hard work all round! LOL!

tomorrow we have our Christmas Card class for Freestyle Designs .... looking forward to that, its always fun!

15 comments:

Nathalie Kalbach said...

what a gorgeous card!

Marjolein said...

This is beautiful!!

Paula J Atkinson said...

Very beautiful card.

Jen said...

What a great card and picture!

Lyzzydee said...

Great card, and I know that feeling !!!

Kathy O said...

Hey luv! Love the card and the photo. I'm with you on the summer thing! Yeah!!!

p.s. Almost forgot how to comment!!!!HA!Ha!

Anonymous said...

Great card!

Je@net said...

What a beautiful card!

cheri said...

This is beautiful! I felt the same way... relieved, but it was such a wonderful time in my life! So glad to get rid of that diaper bag that I carried for about 8 continuous years though! LOL!

Anonymous said...

love the surf pics you look like a pro! when I tried surfing, i fell off and the board whacked me upside the head! you look like the tiniest pregnant lady ever! I am so jealous

Anonymous said...

Oh yes, its hard when having babies is over. Love the photo, you look gorgeous.

Unknown said...

Wonderful card, I to will never be pregnant again!
Funny how this card coincided with week 40 :)

Tristan said...

At first glance I thought that cake was a real purse!! Fantastic! Great card too!

Scrapanimal said...

lovely card. The text is so sentiment. i hope that you are now okay.

love Simone

Anonymous said...

I can SO relate- 2 for us- and that's it!