Wednesday, May 06, 2009

birthday eve ....
tomorrow is my birthday, the celebrations started today ... actually early, as i decided to plan my day out and be in control of having a geat day (not leave it up to someone else to organise - then i would be sure i would have fun) so after going for a run this morning ... i made myself a birthday cake (now i know i will get one! lol)
My Aunty took me for lunch with my nana and Gi, it was so nice ... we had such a great time, we've vowed to do it more often! yay!
Gary took the girls shopping ... so i had some quiet time so I made dinner for tomorrow night, Jamie Oliver's lamb shanks ... so that is all sorted. I have made the girls lunches already and have all my bits and pieces done (that needed to be done) ....
Gary and I have not long returned from going to my favourite desert restaurant Freestyle for desert (as i couldn't get a babysitter for tomorrow night, we went tonight instead) they have a new desert called Death by Lindt chocolate - but i resisted, and had the lemon and lime tart which was superb! - they never let me down!)
So i have decided ... us girls need to make sure we have a great birthday or even mother's day if that is your thing (i am not a big mothers day celebrant ... however, i may just have to pull something together for sunday ... will keep you posted! wink!)
I am looking forward to going for High Tea with some of my friends tomorrow for lunch .... that is always a treat!
Everything is ticked off the list now ... i can enjoy my day ..... don't worry i will have some cake for you too! lol!

6 comments:

Harrison crew said...

Happy birthday dear friend! Enjoy your cake and your day! I too always have great expectations and love birthdays! I understand your plans! We had a Bill Granger dinner, prepared by me, because I love preparing Bill's food! Enjoy and know your are being thought of across the world! Love Denise

Jessie said...

Happy Birthday! I enjoy reading your blog!! Jessie (USA)

Anonymous said...

I did the same thing last week for my birthday! Had my eye on a particular cake for two years and they kept getting it wrong, so I ordered it myself this time. It was delish! If you want something done right....or at all, do it yourself! Have a great birthday!

Anonymous said...

Hi Chanel,
Have a great birthday and enjoy all your organisation. Some times it is nice to be surprised but I am like you and enjoy it all the more if I organise it myself :)
Cheers Sally

Sheree said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY Chanel! Hope you've had a fabulous day and got totally spoiled! The high tea with friends sounds lovely.

Sheree xx

Talia said...

Have a Happy Happy Happy Birthday!!!!