so today is the Melbourne Cup and its a bit of a deal here in australia! Melbourne have a public holiday (half their luck) and the rest of the country celebrate by having lovely lunches, dressing up or even going to the races. This morning we decided to make it a family affair and put $2 each person on a horse for fun, so seen as we are not gamblers and not encouraging it ... rather just having fun we decided to pick our birthday dates ... well, there are not 27 horses so emra had to pick her age (much to gary's annoyance as his horse for #5 was a shocker - apparently!) Emra's horse came in to win tho, and she picked up $48 ... how funny!
i have just finished my Deck of Me for this week ... week 44 ... the prompt is "home"
12 comments:
What a beautiful card, love the soft green!!
How great your girl won!!! Sometimes luck is with you!!
Wow! Your card is so great! I love the colors and is that your hand writing? Great job!
An absolutely fabulous card, the colours are just amazing :D
WOw your card is so lovely. The colours so beautiful, i like the colours.
LOve Simone
What a great card!! Love the green colors and the handwriting!!
Fabulous card. I think these kind of things/events make our home town ours.Make us proud of where we are.
A beautiful card - I love those colours :)
Beautiful card! Love the green and the journaling. It's so pretty!
Great, great, great cards!!! Have a nice day Dear!
love the little map on it- gorgeous card!!!
Beautiful, I love the colours you used. I too live in Brisbane and love it here!
I missed this prompt! lol Love what you did!
Post a Comment