Wednesday, September 02, 2009

Just Ordered Room Service ...

food always tastes better when someone else makes it. I have spent today in LA. Unfortunately it was an early flight out, i guess the upside of that was that i have squeezed alot into it. I got here at 8am, and was on a tour bus by 9am ... no mucking around!


I guess it will be better to share todays adventures when i post the photos. I have just had room service, had some Sees chocolates (so yum, thanks Emily for the tip) and am going to do some work real quick before leaving for the airport to go back to my sweet family


so the first photo was in Heidi's class. Totally emotional for me, as my little girls were on the slide show, so when they popped up i totally started balling .... you know, ugly loud crying. I just wasn't in control of it ... i am blaming it on tiredness too ok! so you can see i look a little bit of a wreck in the photos because of the balling! Great class, i loved it ... can't wait to put the photos in when i get home. i did finish all my projects in class, so have to still photograph the rest, so i will share those when i get home ... you will have to keep checking back! After Heidi's class was Heather Bailey's class. She taught a super cute project too ... (same, no photos yet) i love her material, and bought some little kits at the store, so will be sewing when i get home too ... (i am intending on having lots to share instead of my boring track record!) :-( So there was alot to do in Heather's class and it was pretty go, go, go ... but i did love the end result.


After dinner that night Heidi gave a great talk, very inspirational and motivational ... just what i needed to get me out of my creative rut! She was talking about how important it is to scrapbook so we don't forget the details ...







After that was a suprise class ... a special album kit. It did have some sewing on it, and i will be honest the sewing did make me want to go to sleep ... by 9pm i was toast!
Another surprise when we got back to our room (which happened to be 1/4 mile or 400m from the lift) was this cute RAK (random act of kindness) i definitely felt pampered! how lucky! The next day followed starting out with Marra who talk a really cool box with 12 little mini albums inside. So i am looking back and realising that i have completely mucked the orders around ... i guess that doesn't really matter ... i think when i have all the finished projects i will explain the classes ... sorry!


Saturday night they had the final dinner, with huge raffles, and an auction on Heidi and Tim's lamps they had altered to raise money for cancer. We were amazed as Heidi's fetched $8200 and then i was in shock as Tim's lamp raised $29000 .... gasp! Then i was lucky enough to win a lucky door prize, a cool trimmer and tool pack ... i haven't opened it yet. So will photograph that when i get home too!
We had a guest speaker talk after the auction ... i will explain her message in the next post. Its time to pack up and get to the airport!
see you in Brisvegas!

5 comments:

Kim Archer said...

Wow Chanel!! What fun you've had!!! I have loved reading all about your trip!! KIMx

Anonymous said...

I have really loved hearing all about the amazing time you have had at Creative Escape. Sounds like you will be coming home very inspired. Can't wait to see the photo's
Kelly.

Anonymous said...

Hi Chanel, what an exhausting trip!

Thought I better read up on what you have been doing before we see you tomorrow!

Looking forward to seeing you all
Tirzah

shel7by said...

it's like I was there!!

I'm glad I found your blog. I will waste many hours on here tomorrow. I've not had my computer since CE, but I do now. So let the BFF-ness start...NOW!

melanie said...

Ya me too. I just found this through your facebook. I'm just dying to hear about the speaker after the auction. I bet she was awesome. You should become her best friend and also you should become great friends with her sister and take crazy pictures and then have them come visit you in Australia. That would amazing ... that is, if the famous orator choses to be friends with the common folk.