Friday, August 28, 2009

Hello from Creative Escape, Arizona .....

(warning .... LONG POST!)
I am happy to report that I successfully arrived in Utah after my flight via Auckland. As I arrived in Auckland my Brother and his family were leaving, and we got to see each other thru the glass for seriously 2 minutes before they left to go home to Melbourne. It was like visiting in jail ... it was hard! Touching thru the glass.
I had a couple of hour stop over before going on to LA. So I planned it out that I would sleep after my dinner. I got a lovely surprise to see one of our best friend’s Dads on the flight, he works as a steward for Air NZ and its been some time since I’ve seen him. He went to so much trouble getting me special drinks, my meals out first ... giving me the first class pack with all the goodies, and even moving me up before we descended so I could get off the plane first – so sweet. I felt like a v.i.p!
Even tho I’m a bad sleeper ... I managed 5 hours sleep. I have decided that my bad sleeping actually works in my favour at the other end of the trip .... I don’t seem to suffer with jetlag, as I’m so dead tired I sleep for ages. So I have not suffered with jetlag ... yay!
I managed LA airport so much better this time, after being there before and being a complete gumby. So it was a smooth transition from intl to domestic ... and I arrived just in time to board my next flight, so perfect.
Utah is such a nice city. It reminds me of Ohakune on steroids ... ha! Ohakune (for those non-kiwis ... is a snow town where we go snowboarding) The mountains in Utah are amazing, just amazing. I can’t wait to come back when there is snow on them. I know Gary would love it.
Has been wonderful seeing my friend and her cute family ... the kids have grown so much since Christmas.
I haven’t many photos from Utah yet. I did have a major shopping spree in the city after we saw a crazy movie with the kids called Shorts. Forever 21 is an amazing shop, and I wish my sisters were with me as they would have been in heaven! So many choices .... lucky we are renovating our wardrobe as I will need more space! Lol!
So we came down to Arizona yesterday to come to Creative Escape. We flew over the Grand Canyon ... oh my gosh, takes your breath away. One day will have to visit for sure.
We had our nails done when we arrived, I have to take a photo as they are all sparkly. Also went to Tia Rosa’s for Mexican ... the best Mexican ever. Met Liz, who is so cute with only 5 weeks to go before having her baby – looks like she has a basketball up her shirt!
So yesterday I went and lay out by the pool ... it was prob 38 degrees, hot! It was so nice tho. Then as I have been sick for a while with this horrible viral infection Labyrinthitis ... I have not exercised in a while, I decided to go do a quick weights workout, well I got over to the gym and they were shutting .... I was so sad, as I was already dressed, so I decided to go for a run .... gasp! I know I sound crazy, but those of you who know me would realise, that I was totally bugged because I had all my gear on and couldn’t do my workout ... so had to get rid of the energy. So with a bottle of water in hand, off I went on this cute track specially made by the resort. I felt a little weary of rattlesnakes, however realised the rustling in the bushes were actually gofers ... little rodents that look like meerkats. They were running off and dashing into their holes ... kinda cute (but apparently a pest here) I will attempt to get a photo. This place is totally like the resort in High School Musical 2 movie ... its funny. Its right on a golf course, with a great pool area. I must tell you that it is ¼ mile walk from the lobby (where I am sitting typing to you) to our room at the other end of the resort. So that converts to 400m ... each way, no wonder I am tired. By the way, although it was kinda hot, I was totally fine running ... it gets super hot in Brisbane in summer and it didn’t feel any worse than that!
This morning started with a chinese tour reunion breakfast. There are 8 of us here that were on the China Tour ... so fun to see everyone again. Cheryl one of the ladies totally spoilt us all and bought us cute gifts, I was so touched. I will take a pic ... she got everything zebra print as that is the them for CE.
From there I went with a new friend Leisley to an AWESOME scrapbooking store called Mystic Papers ... oh my gosh, I loved it so much ... and hurt the budget again! If anyone needed inspiration to be creative that shop definitely does it ... and I am INSPIRED! So cool!
When we came back we registered and got all our bits and pieces ... then it was Technique Botique where you go around and collect bits and pieces for the upcoming classes, get free stuff and do a few creative projects. It was fun ... and I met more great people along the way.
Then it was Trunk Show, which was pretty busy with people, so I must admit I didn’t have a real good look at everyone there, although one of the teachers is an Aussie so I got chatting to her, and even more so because she is from Tassie where my sister lives ... so we are staying in touch, so fun. I did take some pictures of heidi’s stand before the rush as I helped with setting and unsetting. I did love Heather Bailey’s stand too ... only because I am totally drawn to her fabric, and know my friend Fiona would love it so much. I bought some things to make ... so watch out sewing machine (when I get home)
Then was the introduction for Creative Escape ... it was amazing seeing all 700 people in one room ... wow! Made Create 08 look like a little blimp! Lol!
So I have photos to share. To be honest, its been hard getting online ... I am sitting in the lobby to get wireless, so hence the space between blogging. I promise that I will try blog again tomorrow night if possible ... as I kick off tomorrow at 8am with Tim Holtz class – he’s so funny, I am looking forward to it! So check back ....

4 comments:

Gary said...

Crikey honey, your post was more like a novel. Can I add to the list of books Ive read? Seriously, great to see some photos. The last time you came back from Azizona, you had a luggage issue...like too heavy to carry. Looks like you're having a blast. So cool to see you on skype. Love you..Gary. 6 sleeps to go.

Sheree said...

Sounds like you're having an AWESOME time Chanel! Enjoy!

Sheree xx

Harrison crew said...

HI Chanel! Looks like you are having a blast! Next time when you come to North America, Canada needs to be on your jouney! With the whole Stuck crew! Enjoy the desert heat, it is great! Denise

Melanie B said...

Omg trying not to be jealous!! Lol
have a ball although I don't think I need to tell you that!! Can't wait to see all your new purchases and inspiration.

Mel xxx